Changing Learning Track
When a student finishes a Learning Track you’ll need to switch that student to another one.
First, make sure the student has logged out of his or her account before you make the change. If they are still logged in the learning track change will NOT work!
Go to the green button at the end of that student’s row that says “Action.” Pull down for a short menu, outlined in black in this picture that includes “Change Learning Track.”
Next you will get this popup for “Change Learning Track” which has a pull down menu of all ten Learning Tracks. Choose the one you want and then click on the green “Assign” button.
Did I say to make sure the student logged out? Now, have the student log back into their account, to be sure it has been changed. If they are stuck at the “Level Done” screen have them log out again. Then re-assign them to the learning track you want. Then have them login again. If the student is still stuck, use the feedback button.
Students are going to ask you to change their Learning Track, just as soon as it gets a little hard. They may have to start over a couple of times and if they lack much perseverance, they will want to quit. But they only learn the facts if they stick with it. If they skip around they are going to be wasting their time. If you assigned it, then they ought to be learning those facts.
Here is a link to a “Toughness Certificate” you can use for students who have a hard time with Rocket Math and need to be encouraged to stay the course.
Starting all over. You can also tell students (and this is a fact) that if they leave a Learning Track, when they come back, they start over at Set A. So they lose all they have gained by quitting before they reach Level Z. I believe that teaching the lesson that hard work and perseverance helps you succeed, especially when you are getting discouraged, is the best thing we can do for young people. Encourage them to stay the course. Then celebrate mightily when they succeed! Woo-hoo! They are learning a great life lesson.
You can change the teacher for a student or a set of students.
(1) First select the student or students you want to change or connect to someone new.
- By default, all the students are selected, so in the lefthand most column you’ll have to un-check the ones you don’t want to change.
- Or you can go to the top of that column and pull down to “Deselect All” and it will un-check everyone and you can check the ones you want to disconnect and connect to someone new.
- BE CAREFUL. Whatever actions you choose will happen to ALL the selected students in a second, so be careful.
(2) Pull-down menu on Orange Actions button at the upper right. Go to the same orange Actions button in the upper right hand of the owner’s dashboard. Pull down and click on “Disconnect Teacher.” Now the student is sort of a “free agent” if you will.
Make sure of who is “selected” before this next step. To connect the students to a new teacher go to the orange Actions button, pull down and you’ll see “Connect Teacher.” A pop-up will give you the options of Teacher Mgrs in the account. You have to pull down to see who all is available, but then select one and hit the green button to make it happen.